The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Friday, September 19, 2008

PATIENCE!



As a Mommy of three I pray daily for patience. Often something small like..."Thank you Lord for your beautiful children that you have trusted me and Brett to raise for your Kingdom, please give me all the patience I need for today." And God is faithful to provide those magical moments that test me...sometimes beyond what I feel I can handle. Oh so true...without those prayers...I can't do it on my own. I am constantly reminded that I need the Lord to help me through my day. I cannot do it on my own. On my own I fail miserably. God is faithful to pull me (and my kids) through a rough day when I call out to Him and lean on His understanding. PRAISE THE LORD I am not in this alone. And neither are all the other Mommies in the world who seek the Lord. Unfortunately these pictures do not do my little monster justice...they don't show all of the mess...all down the high chair and ALL over the floor! (This happened yesterday). I said my prayer while cleaning up this big ol' mess too! Spaghetti is his absolute favorite...can you tell?


Today...as we piled into the car to go to my sisters...I said the above prayer....all was going well...hanging out at Tab's socializin' and all. All the sudden I notice little Eli kneeled down in a big mud puddle! My first thought / feeling was "agh...what a mess." And in all honesty I was frustrated. He was muddy, wet etc. Shoes and all. But I remembered my prayer...and said...ahhh thank you God for your faithfulness. I am happy that my little guy is being a boy...throwing himself into a big wet mud puddle...cause that is what boys are suppose to do! Right? Right! My cousin Lori helped pull him out of the puddle and I took him to the hose and hosed him down. He fussed a bit b/c it was cold. (I will post some pics when I get them from my sister's camera). I so easily could have let this take ahold of me, frustrate me to the point I lost my cool, but I'm so happy in that (at least this time) I was patient with my only-little-for-a-short-time son and rejoice that he is happy and healthy to play in a puddle. My Savior is faithful to carry my load when I cannot do it alone. (Thanks Lori for holding Zahavah while I hosed Eli down!) The Lord is teaching me patience...and building my character!

No comments: