The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Monday, September 22, 2008

I have the best husband!

Everyone knows its not easy being a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom). And the past four weeks, have been a challenge to remain consistent in child training, spending quality time with Kayya and Eli and taking care of Zahavah, etc. etc...all on top of less sleep than usual. You know how it is w/ a new joy in your home. Brett took the kids Saturday so I could have a ME DAY! Initially I was just going to go to JAC for coffee and some Bible reading, but he told me to take as much time as I needed...the whole day if I like to recoup and take care of myself. Yes..he said that! To me...its a true expression of his deep love and committment to me. So...I went to JACs, did some reading. Then I went to Daisy Lane (scrapbook store in Mattoon) and browsed a bit. I even called Brett b/c I was soo exhausted (so was he) and was having a really hard time staying awake. I contemplated sleeping in my car for a short bit. But I fought the sleepyness away...after about two hours...I was "awake" again. I spent sometime in the mall...b/c I'm in huge need of new clothes, so I bought a couple of tops and scarfs (yes...they are back in style!). Thanks to Shanan for her help...I am so indecisive when it comes to clothes. Shanan goes to our church and works at Maurices in Mattoon. Then I came home and a friend of mine from Massage School came over and gave me an hour massage (THANK YOU JEAN)! I was having a FANTASTIC day. And I surprised Brett by bringing home his fav...Buffalo Wild Wings! Sunday we went to church. I came home w/ the kids...fed them and put them down for a nap. (Brett was still at church...he plays in the praise band.) When he came home we all went to our nieces b-day party...she turned 5! We were going to go to small group...but we are so tired, that we skipped. :( Maybe next week. But we all three chipped in and cleaned up the house...and today I am feeling so much better. Thank you Brett for going the extra mile in helping me, be the BEST me. You are truly a gift from God, and I appreciate you!
I love you!

No comments: