The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

FIVE A DAY

Check out www.Treasuringtime.blogspot.com

I have posted some cute little Halloween cards for sale!

On another note...I want to challenge you to get rid of five items a day! We American can live with so much less. As I was pondering more on this idea (I picked the idea up from the newspaper yesterday)...I looked around and I thought...geez...five items a day will be easy at the start! I am going to try it for one month! Do u want to join me in this challenge? Don't throw your items in a landfill! Have a garage sale, consign or just give them away! Let me know if you are joining me and post the items you get rid of daily! They don't have to be big items.
Today I got rid of...
A butterfly belt (geezz..I can't even remember the last time I wore it!)
A handband from Guatemala
A votive candle and its holder
A toy car (my son won't even notice)
Some baby wash clothes

I wonder if I'll even notice anything different at the end of one month!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Just FYI--Catholic Charities in Mattoon (near Rural King) accepts donations on Saturdays from 8:30 to 4:30. It's the only place open on Saturdays for donations so I take most of my stuff there (versus the Salvation Army).

Today I got rid of:
1. Old computer speakers (to the garbage because there is a short in A/C adaptor)
2. a dictionary--I have several (to a box for donation--Webster's 9th if anyone is interested)
3. pair of pants that no longer fit (to donation box)
4. a hot pink bra that I've NEVER worn (to donation box)
5. a pair of old underwear (to the garbage...)

Brook said...

First off, I hope that wasn't a Double Blessings Candle votive (don't even tell me).LOL

Okay, so I got rid of.....
*A little butterfly baby toy
*2 drinking cups that were cracked
*One of Todds hats (shhhhh don't tell Brett, he'll tell Todd)
*A pair of shoes (to small for Kia)
*Some old magazines.:)