The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Poor among us


"Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to." Deuteronomy 15:10


"He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses." Proverbs 28:27


As Brett and I pray to the Lord for direction in our life we are reminded that there are poor among us. Its probably more my thing than Brett's to learn to "let go" of the materialism which I am surrounded by. A friend said to me this past week, that she enjoys the opportunities to see how little she can get by with. I can't say that for myself (yet), but I have found over the past year that God is really working on my heart to NOT conform to the world. It's such a struggle at times, but I do feel periods of growth...some easier than others. It's amazing what God can do with your heart, your life and your money when you surrender it ALL to Him. I am not great at it by any means but I'm excited about what the Lord is doing in our life. :) Micah
(Picture was taken by me, in Africa, June 2005 during a Share International Mission Trip...they are picking of the pieces of grain that fell out of the grain bags)

No comments: