The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Speaking words of LIFE....





Eli and I made cookies together yesterday...its always fun! Today we ate them for our 10am snack and as I was dunking my cookie in milk...he watched! Carefully every move. He dropped his cookie...accidentally ofcourse...and then "help, help...my cookie fell in the milk." As if the world was coming to an end!!! I said, "Eli be brave...reach down in the milk and grab your cookie." "But my hands will get all wet"...he informed me. I said, "thats ok, that is why we have napkins....remember God made you strong and brave...your a boy...you can get your cookie from the bottom of the milk glass." And he did...will all the bravery and gusto God gave him to be...well him...a boy! Sometimes I think its easy to forget that our children must be trained in the way they should go...and be! Eli needed to hear he had what he takes...and although the cookie rescue seems trival and miniscual (sp?)...its the foundational struture for him to build upon for the bigger things in life. Speak words of life and encouragement to our children...it makes them brave and beautiful. :)

PS: Eli wrote his name for the first time...I can't believe he is growing up so quickly. Writing his name and he is barely three!!!!!

No comments: