The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Thursday, November 27, 2008

THANKSGIVING!


Its been a very early day for me. The Lord woke me up bright and early...4am...I honestly asked for it though. These past several weeks and have been quite difficult for me and I have asked the Lord to help me to put Him first everyday...before computer time, before everyone else wakes up, etc. Its been quite the morning. Satan badly wants to destroy the work of the Lord. I can't tell you how many things have screamed for my attention already this morning. Nonetheless...I got in some good time with the Lord. As I was journaling I was reading through 2 Peter and I'm reminded of the world around us and the false teachers which inhabit this earth with us. How true today, as it was 2,000 years ago. All you have to do is turn on the TV to get...not just a glimpse of immorality, but a big "splash in the face dose" of it. (Duh...and to think I contemplated getting cable to watch "John and Kate plus 8.") I'm also reminded that the Lord is returning and Peter reminds us to live "spotless, blameless" lives. (2 Peter 3:14). And to grow in the GRACE and KNOWLEDGE of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Do you think much about how you grow spiritually? A friend reminded me this week how important it is to be in God's word...everyday! The adversary is always waiting for us to loose perspective and he jumps like a cheetah on prey. I probably have the growing in GRACE understanding better than the "in KNOWLEDGE" part. And we are reminded to test everything against the unchanging truth of God's Word. How often do I loose sight of that!?! I should even be testing my thoughts! It says EVERYTHING. (I know I'm jumping all over the place, I'm just sharing with you the things that were laid upon my heart and that I took note of).

The most reassuring thing I read this morning...2 Peter 3:8-9. God's timing is perfect and even though we don't understand it...he does know what he is doing. He is patient, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. Also understood to me as...The Lord's patience mean salvation to many. That's heavy! The Lord is patient, sovereign and loving...waiting for His children to fall at His feet. Fall daily!!!


I am Thankful for so many things...

Most importantly for my Savior Jesus Christ...without Him, I am nothing!

For the gift of eternal salvation. For Grace and Mercy neither which I deserve.

For my husband...whose love and devotion is more than I could ever wish or ask for.

For my three beautiful healthy children...they are so precious. And I thank God for entrusting them to Brett and I to raise for His glory.

For my parents

For my Grandparents...those still here and those that have passed. They each have added so much to my life. I would not be who I am today w/o their influence on my life. I lost two this year...they will be greatly missed during the Holidays. They brought so much to my family...and have left an everlasting impact on many of us. (Grandma Judy above at Caydee's 4th Birthday).

For health and wealth. Thank you Lord that I was born and raised in America where I am free to worship You!

I am thankful for my siblings. And especially Tabitha this past week, who bravely volunteered to take my little ones so I could have some time to myself. Thanks...you brave soul! (she had mine plus hers = 2 under one, a full of energy almost 2 year old, and a five year old!

Thanks for my church family...Salisbury is my church home. For Pastor Scott and Karen who help me grow in Truth.

Enjoy your families this year and pray for those who are less fortunate. :) God Bless!!!

No comments: