The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Monday, June 30, 2008

CORE Weekend!





Crossover (Mattoon), First Assembly of God (Mattoon), Salisbury (Charleston...our home church), East Harrison St Church of God (Charleston), Kansas United Methodist Church & Tri County Community Church (Ashmore) united this past weekend for CORE (I believe it stands for "Community out-reach event"). I cannot list every event that occured over the weekend but to name a few...area church peeps served to the people of the community by....

Washing windshields

Habitat for Humanity help

Power washed some buildings

Prepared care packets for Meth kids and kids returning to school!

A free garage sale!

Painted and did some construction

Bagged grocery

Handed out water bottles

Adopted a highway

Checked fluids in cars

Recorded books on tape

and the list goes on!

I personally sacked groceries at County Market w/ my sister-in-law Keri Clapp on Sunday. It was actually fun! I was most touched when an elderly lady was having a hard time getting all of her groceries out of the cart. I asked her if I could help and she said, "oh yes, please." Its soo easy for us to be in such a hurry and not see or pay attention to those around us who could really use our help. I will try next time I'm grocery shopping to be better tuned into those around me who could use a helping hand. Brett, Asa and Micayla handed out water bottles on Saturday afternoon. Micayla along with Grandma Laura, Aunt Tabitha, Cousins Noah and Caydance played Bingo with the clients at a local area Nursing Home. Below are some pics I snapped through the weekend...its not all of them, but it will give you a good idea of the fun we had. I am so blessed to be a part of a community who can sit aside differences and serve the Lord together! Thanks to everyone who was a part of CORE. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

PS: The beautiful rainbow was such a great end to a blessed weekend!

(Please feel free to leave comments about your CORE experience, maybe how you served or were served)
I encourage all churches to jump aboard next year for another great weekend of serving together, just imagine what we could do all together!



Pappy and Eli hanging out in the backseat of the car as we drive around capturing photographs!

Pappy entertains Eli with his false teeth and Eli thinks its the coolest thing ever!

Vickie plays Bingo!
Power Washing!

Sackin Groceries!


Leaving to hand out Bottled Water!


Chattin with the Windshield washers...Eli is watching someone wash our windshield!


Andy is checking the air in my tires! And he found one to be very low...Bless you!

Two of my FAVORITE guys!


Two of my favorite girls playing Bingo!


My Mom (Laura Clapp) helping others play Bingo!


Tabitha (my sister) and my cute-as-button nephew Noah playing Bingo!


Hi Noahie!



1 comment:

Macnme said...

Hey Micah,
Your pictures were awesome and what a WONDERFUL way to spend the weekend. I hope the event gets bigger every year and other churches join in and start particpating.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Yes, I got it up and running a while back. I sent you an email, but maybe you didn't get it or I sent to the wrong address!! I added your blog to my page so I can check it often.

Thanks and take care!!
Carla