The Frey SEVEN

The Frey SEVEN

Friday, February 19, 2010

Parenting...

Its early and the children are still asleep...I really enjoy the peacefulness of an early morning...and the coffee. I was at Wal-Mart yesterday and believe it or not...I just wanted to grocery shop without help...if u know what I mean. I walked into WM to hear the echoing sound of a child screaming for her daddy. Poor girl! I mean the guys in fishing could hear her in grocery. God uses this moments to gently remind me parenting is not easy. I decided a long time ago that I am the parent and I'm in charge. My offspring try hard daily to be the ones in charge. And on good days God shows me how to gently guide them back on track to being a follower not a leader. Not all days are easy, especially when you have a strong-willed one...I have two! I couldn't help but feel sorry for this momma. She was clearly embarrassed & overwhelmed. I couldn't help but wonder what her background was and if she knew how to take control of the situation. I know I may sound like I was being judgemental but really I wasn't...I was honestly thinking...does she need help? Not just in this moment, but maybe some parenting insight. But I don't offer b/c I don't want her to be offended...and yes, I knew her! All in all it saddens me b/c many people are without the know how to direct their children in the way they should go. Do I have all the answers...no way, but I have tried and tried and tried things until I figured out what works. And I love to share with other parents what has worked for me. I realize it won't work for every child...but its worth a shot...b/c maybe then all of WM won't know your child is even there! My final advice...parent intentionally with purpose, love, direction & grace...people will notice and everyone will enjoy your children & their prescence!

No comments: